Friday, March 2, 2012

Wedding cake!

Who loves wedding cakes? I know I do, and more than anything, I love CAKE. CAKE and ICE-CREAM are my two sweet vices. Don't really care for chockies and sweets or biscuits, but CAKE and ICE-CREAM!

No, that was not a segway into telling you that I'm going to make an ice-cream cake for the wedding. Hardly. It was just me wanting to emphasise how much I love cake and ice-cream!

Back onto wedding stuff... I did my wedding cake trial this weekend. But like with most wedding things, the photo will not be available for viewing until after the event. Sooooo.... the sneak peek below. :) That's all I'm giving you!

Do you think you can make out what the cake looks like?

But what I can show you is what I made with the leftover cake! It is a bit messy at the bottom, I may have gotten too excited with the pizza cutter and cut too close to the edge! I know to do better next time (if there is a next time!)

Someone I know said on facebook that it looked like a marshmallow. Whatevs Gerald. :)


Needless to say, this exercise has renewed my love for cake decorating, which is fortuitous as I have cupcakes and a wedding cake to make for my friend Jules' wedding next week!

Did I include photos? No, I don't think I did! And I realised why... I didn't take any! I will next week though.


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking either rose fondant or rose icing. Knowing you, it will be most likely be fondant roses. ^^

    Excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmmm..... you'll just have to wait and see huh? :) xoxo

      Delete