Wednesday, April 8, 2009

KL - day #1

So I had to make my way to the Japanese Embassy to apply for my visa. It was all well and good getting there because mom was lovely enough to drive me. Then I said to her that I was going shopping. In ampang park. Stuff that for a joke, growing up I hated Ampang Park and looking at it now, I don't think its changed very much!



My real love and somewhere that never disappoints me was KLCC. I know, I'll walk to Ampang Park and take the train to KLCC. So as I was leaving the Embassy, I asked the guard for directions. Here is how the conversation went:



Me: Hallo, macam mana nak pergi Ampang Park? (How do u get to Ampang Park?)

Guard: Jalan terus akan sampai (walk straight and you'll get there)

Me: Berapa lama? (How long?)

Guard: (incredulously) Huh? Kau nak jalan? Panas tau!



Basically he was surprised that I was going to walk and told me that it was hot. A LOCAL is telling me that it was hot. That can only mean trouble.



Determined to prove that the Malaysian sun is no where as bad as the Australian sun, I set off to find Ampang Park. I came to a junction that basically said "Ampang Park- straight" and "KLCC turn left" and I saw the twin towers looming in front of me and thought that it would be closer. Unfortunately I forgot to factor in the fact that KLCC was much bigger and even though it looks close, it really isn't. So the walk was extended to 20 and I am burnt to a crisp. Thanks KL, thanks.



Sent via BlackBerry® from Telstra

No comments:

Post a Comment