Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'M BACK! (again!)

Sorry I have been away again! Work and home have been crazy busy, but I have resolved to set some time aside every week or so to update my blog! Not that anyone is reading, but hey, I like looking back at what I've done and it's nice to be inspired considering how often I lose my cooking/creative mojo!

A few little achievements (food wise) since I last blogged - I will list them and blog them in detail later:

a) I have successfully made macarons! Totally and completely estactic! I made a macaron cake for Nads' birthday even!
b) I have now got a fool proof recipe for onion rings... I was researching on the internet and I found a recipe, but I didn't have two of the main ingredients, so I substituted them and it worked well too! Extremely excited... will post about it when I make it next... with photos! and
c) Crunchiest and most delicious chips EVER! And they are not made of potatoes... and finally
d) SWEET AND SOUR PORK!!!! Like Mom used to make... and none of this BS thick battered, bright red, hard-as-nails Australian greasy Chinese takeaway stuff. I'm talking the real deal Sweet and Sour pork, juicy on the inside, crispy on the outside, with a beautiful tangy sauce that strikes the perfect balance of flavouring the pork without overpowering it.

Righty ho... I suppose it's bed time. Night peeps! :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hey... I do read your blog, when I am back on the blog reading and blogging trail. LOLS... Keep it coming! ^^

    ReplyDelete