Saturday, February 19, 2011

Banana cake

I absolutely LOVE banana anything. I didn't use to be a big fan of bananas, I think mainly because they weren't a juicy fruit. Growing up in Malaysia and Singapore has spoiled me for fruits. Back at home, there are sooooooooo many juicy fruits which are readily available and what's more, they are not expensive to buy at all! (from memory but times have changed and they may well be expensive).

Coming back to bananas - growing up I didn't like that. Especially the big ones that they sell here in Australia, but Mom and Dad used to buy them all the time, but I think it was because Dad really liked them. When I started eating bananas, I started to really like one particular sort of banana (and the name escapes me right now, but I will get back to this post after I speak to my mother). They were small banans with beautiful white white and VERY sweet flesh. I am usually able to at about four or five of these babies in one sitting. Absolutely delicious.

But aside from that I didn't like bananas.

I don't know when I changed, but now I love everything banana. Banana bread, banana milk, banana cake and even the banana ( I know that sounds stupid, but I love peanut butter, and not peanuts!)  Love it! I remember my mother making the most amazing butter cake and banana cake and I didn't really appreciate them until just before she stopped making them! When she was visiting me, I asked for the recipe and she promised that she would look for these recipes when she got home. She's been home for two months and I have not had a sniff of any recipes! She probably forgot and I keep forgetting to remind her. Nevermind, nothing the internet can't fix.

So we had some over-ripe bananas - I seriously want banana cake. So I googled "easy banana cake" and this recipe appeared. I liked it instantly because it looked easy and it did not have very many ingredients. Made it and result? Pretty awesome. I think I ate the whole loaf in a period of two days! Oops! That can't be good for weight loss.

It is delish and not too unhealthy, but surely a whole loaf can't be good for anyone. I'm going to give this recipe another go, but this time, I might try freezing individual pieces. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment