Monday, February 7, 2011

Chili Prawns...

Not quite Nigella, you are a genius! I'm love love loving this recipe for chili prawns.

Prior to going to Singapore last year, I was harping on about chili crab and how awesome it was. And I don't understand why I thought so, I never ate crab when I was younger! I thought that it was weird and gross and thought that it was cruel of my parents to force me to eat it! So my dad used to just grab the mantao and dipped it in the chili sauce for me and of course I loved it! Still refused to eat crabs, but man the sauce was yummy!

So the last trip to KL, we have everything BUT chili crab. Everyone was hell-bent on making me try all sorts of different crab, crab with salted egg, crab and black bean! And the mantao they served with the crab was fried! I could have SWORN that it was steamed mantao and to be quite honest, the fried mantao made me feel a tad ill.

Either which way, I was keen on trying to make chili crab.

Um, problem - even though I now love eating crab, I still refuse to handle them. Crabs and lobsters - it's just too cruel (but yes, I eat them - it's a weird thing, I know!) So I was browsing the other day and stumbled on Not Quite Nigella's chili prawns. And you know what? It was DELISH!

For anyone wanting to get the recipe, visit her webiste here. She was right, it was a fast and easy dish to make, with simple ingredients. And what I loved about it was that the sauce can be prepared ahead of time, so you can prep this dish when you get home from work! Absolutely genius!

Thanks for sharing the recipe Not Quite Nigella!

No comments:

Post a Comment