Monday, March 9, 2009

Sydney Day 3

Well, the day started off with all of us deciding to go our own separate ways for the day. Nadia and Mel were off to Manly to visit Yana, Luz and Jill were going to spend time by the water and Elizah and I had plans to yum cha for that morning. Although she was meeting a friend of hers who I didn't know, I was there for the food. The yum cha was yum yum yummy and after that a day of shopping was ahead of us.



Needless to say, I love shopping with Elizah almost as much as I love shopping alone. As usual, I got insane bargains, and stuff I could NOT wait to wear once I got back to Hobart. Of course it rained on us, and we hurriedly boarded the monorail to meet Luz and Mel at the Lindt Cafe. Even though we had terrible service, you really couldn't go past Swiss Chocolate though.




As the rain descended heavily, Elizah and I fretted in the monorail because we knew that we were late meeting Mel and Luz. I called Luz to explain why we were late and after talking on the phone for about 5 mins, we realised that we were all on the same monorail, just different carriages.




Arrived at the Lindt Cafe, which was packed out and so decided to head to the Blackbird cafe just above. Had some food, some cocktails and some AMAZING cakes while watching the rain. I do love the rain, BUT was also thinking about Elizah and I having to brave the storm for dinner later.

Luz and Mel left and Elizah and I were the only two standing. Jill and Nads had left in the afternoon (they insisted that the torrential rain was because the heavens were sad that they were leaving *gag, gag* :))

After the rain died down for a bit, Elizah and I went a-wandering for some food and finally found a food court which was open. We ordered enough food for it to be classified as a banquet and headed back to the hotel for the final night.

The much anticipated Sydney trip was over. It was great, and will definitely plan another girls weekend away.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment