Sunday, March 8, 2009

Auckland part 2


So I arrived in Auckland after my whirlwind of a trip to Rotorua. Who knew that travelling was so tiring?

Anyway, went exploring for half the day around the city. Walked down to Viaduct Harbour which is apparently the hip hop happening place to be. In all honesty, I was looking for the Price Waterhouse Cooper building which was where I was meant to get my visa label printed. After waiting in line for half an hour (and having this American woman tell me that there was no way in hell I was getting my visa- what was she on?) , I got my label printed ( btw, I'm an official PR now, yay) and walked on. There were only a couple of hours of business time so I had to make the most of it.





The Saints play Freo tomorrow night and as Freo is my second fave team, I had to find somewhere to watch the match. And would u believe it, everyone who I asked " would u know any pub that would show the afl tomorrow night?" Laughed at me and told me that it was a stupid game. And funnily enough, three years ago, I wouldve agreed with them, but I'm a convert now so I was mildly, but amusedly offended.

Found Mecca, which to the normal person translated to the All Blacks store. They were having a sale too. Oh dear! I just might move on from there...



Stumbled into Queen street which is apparently the shopping precint district. Wandered into several cute shops, and even went into Gucci and Louis Vutton. Can't help it, old habits die hard.

Decided then to walk back to the hotel, it was getting late. The one thing I will say about Auckland is that there doesn't seem to be much to eat. I have chipped myself to the brim and was absolutely ravenous for some vegetables. I know, for those who know me, you might want to read it again. Some VEGETABLES. I'm hanging out for some stir fry for sure. But was there anywhere good to eat on the way to the hotel? No. Japanese food and Korean food aplenty. But the equals to carbs carbs and more carbs. Enough!

Finally found somewhere to get some roast pork and roast duck rice, which was quite bleah as well. Can someone give me a salad already?

No comments:

Post a Comment