Thursday, March 31, 2011

And just one more thing...

I know I said that I was going to watch the Footy Show, but it's an ad at the moment and really I want to watch the rest in bed anyway. I way too tired from the long day I have had.

I just wanted to say that I am annoyed at Research In Motion (RIM). Yes you heard that right. I die-hard Blackberry user is pissed off with RIM. Why? Because they are taking so freaking long to release the Playbook - Blackberry's very own tablet. They made the announcement in September 2010 and I have been waiting for it since then. This is ridiculous. They PROMISED that they were going to release it in the first quarter of 2011. They have now announced that the release date is going to be April 19 2011. THAT IS NOT THE FIRST QUARTER RIM!!!

AND that's just the release date for North America and Canada - there is no talk of the device being released anywhere else!!

This is precisely why we now live in an Apple world. While I am no fan of Steve Jobs or Apple, I have to give them props for being able to seize the opportunities as they came. The RIM Playboook has all the fancy specs and would run circles around the iPad, but as they are still dragging their heels to release this baby, Apple is still winning the race.

I am still holding out for the Playbook. But if they make me wait any longer, I will jump ship and buy an iPad. And I don't think I'll be the only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment