Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Being slack and getting back into writing...

Indeed.

The wedding has been over for about three months and I have done SFA - seriously. I think I might have taken laziness to a whole new level.

My excuse is that I have busy at work. That's not an excuse? Well, I will have to think about another one then because that is all I've got. But I should make it part of my mid-year resolution to do something about this blog. For starters, I need to finish writing about my trip to Hong Kong with Mom. I think she will be keen on reading it! Sorry Mom!!!

For all those who have been/are married, do you find that people always ask you "How's married life?" Um, it's the same as not married life? Especially if you were already living with your partner beforehand. The other difference is that I have an extra piece of bling on my finger. Other than that, nothing has changed much. I am not changing my surname either!

Which reminds me, people also keep asking why I don't want to change my surname. As much as I love Luke, there is really no need to change my surname. My reasons are basically two fold:

a) there is too much stuffing around - I have to change my Australian papers, my Malaysian papers and now that I'm a Company Secretary, I have to also change my papers with ASIC. No thank you!
b) This is a more important reason. When I was born, my father said that he only wanted one child because he wanted to be in a position to give me everything I ever needed. The townfolk (I'm not saying this to be melodramatic, but Mom and Dad did come from a very small town) laughed at him, told him he was a fool and that he should have another one. A BOY. To carry down the family name. But he thought that my welfare was more important than carrying down the family name. That was the sort of father Dad was.

So take that, small townfolk - I am keeping my surname. These are modern times, and I have an understanding, wonderful husband who is not pressuring me to take his surname. AND if we were lucky enough to have kids, then they would also have my surname incorporated into theirs, so which proves the point that you don't need a boy to carry down the family name.

Point - J. P.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment