Friday, August 24, 2012

Have you been introduced?



One of the fun things you get to do after a wedding is SPEND THE VOUCHER SOMEONE GAVE YOU! Yes, they could have contributed to your honeymoon registry, or they could have bought you something on the list, and while some might argue it is highly impersonal, I love receiving vouchers. They give you an excuse to buy something that you would not ordinarily consider paying for.

Take for example this voucher I got from work. It was worth $120 for me (and Luke I suppose) to spend on whatever I wanted from habitat. And bless the person who organised the voucher. I love habitat. I love buying new fangled kitchen gadgets that purport to make my life easier (and from experience usually end up being more trouble than they are worth, but I never learn from my mistakes!) This time, I saw in the catalogue that they were selling this 6-in-1 multi cooker. I was sooooooooo excited. Apparently it slow cooks, deep fries (frys?), pressure cooks, sautes, browns, steams, cooks rice and soup. I was completely intrigued. Our old slow cooker has gone kaput and we were on the hunt for a new one. And after eating the most delicious soup I have ever had at the Mitsakis', I was determined to buy a pressure cooker as well. This multi-cooker would have cost the same price if I had bought the two gadgets, so we thought that we would take the plunge.

So. It is my pleasure to introduce to you my new friend and kitchen-mate, Mikanta the Multi-Cooker!

Don't ask me why I named it Mikanta - it was the first thing that popped in my head. That is how I name my stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment