Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mocha mocha...

I rarely drink hot drinks. Not only because I can't gauge the temperature of the drink (and therefore, end up burning my tongue and it really HURTH) but because I drink my hot drinks sweet. Not mind-numbingly sweet, but at least a couple of teaspoons of sugar (and maybe an additional one or two when I have an iced milo!) So I go without. I'm just weird that way. I would eat cake and ice-cream knowing that they are loaded with sugar, but I feel worse when I am adding teaspoons to my drink. #psycho

However, I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't HAVE to have a coffee in the morning, so it doesn't really affect me either way. Don't get me wrong, I love my coffee when I do have it and when it is done well.

Mornings like this though, I desperately need a coffee to keep my eyes open. I was up to the wee hours of dawn trying to get some tickets (which I will reveal in the next couple of weeks, I just don't want to jinx it) and then, was awoken another two hours later by the dog howling because she was having the hiccups. Seriously, Rose? Drink some water. No, the silly thing had to bolt into the backyard to eat grass. WTF. I mean seriously Rosebud, how on EARTH did you develop hiccups while you were asleep?? #mydogisjustweirdkindalikeitsowner.

Needless to say, at 4am, I was less than impressed. Fortunately, my wonderful and amazing husband offered to stay up a little longer to wait to let her in. And the whinging stopped. By that time, it took me another ten minutes to get to bed (which was unusual because I usually fall asleep like that *clicking my fingers*).

What was I talking about again? Oh, that's right. Coffee. So I needed it this morning and I was in a bit of a bind because I didn't want to have to break my diet/ path to well-being by having a bit steaming sweet mug of coffee, which then usually is accompanied by a biscuit from the company cookie jar! Then it dawned upon me... I will make a mocha protein shake!

How?

First, make a shot of espresso. Pop it at the bottom of the shaker. Add one cup of light milk (within 10 seconds, did you know that an espresso shot "dies" within 10 seconds?), and the required protein powder (mine was chocolate, and that's why it's a MOCHA shake), shake and consume immediately. It definitely did the job! Without the guilt!

Happy Tuesday!

x


No comments:

Post a Comment