Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Proposed itinerary...

So check it. I have to head to Auckland for about a week or so, and I am going to ROCK New Zealand! I'm so excited, I'm absolutely beside myself. The tickets are booked and they are sitting on my table.I will need to organise my accommodation as well, but as we speak, I am trying to desperately organise my itinerary which is important!
So far, here's what I've got:
Itinerary:
17/06/2008 - Arrive in Auckland: 0025am
17/06/2008 - Head to Rotorua by bus. I have checked out the bus schedule at http://www.nakedbus.com/, and will be boarding the bus at 8am and will be arriving in Rotorua at 12.05pm. It will cost me $27.00 but I'm happy! (better than taking the plane, believe you me!)
From there I will proceed to go exploring and learn about the Maori culture. After reading all the literature, I have discovered that I MUST:
a) go and sit in one of the geothermal springs;
b) watch a live geyser
c) go to the Agrodome
d) go to a Maori village
Now the Agrodome seems easy enough, there is only one there, but there are so many Maori villages that it is hard to pick one. I suppose I'll just play it by ear when I get there! But I do so like planning....
19/06/2008 - head back to Auckland City and arrive at 12.05pm! Just in time for checking into my accommodation and shopping, I think! Will try to see the Sky Tower and whatever else is nearby.
20/06/2008 - time to spend the day at the Museum and the Art Gallery. I'm also going to make a point to see Eden Park, seeing as it is the formidable All Blacks fortress. I wish I could watch a game there though, but as luck would have it, the All Blacks would've played there the week before I get there!
21/06/2008 - another day of exploring Auckland City and whatever else is there to do and also head to the pub for a few drinks and to watch the All Blacks demolish England in Christchurch!
22/06/2008 - head back to homesoil!
Quite an ambitious itinerary, but I think I can work it! Hope I meet interesting people along the way!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment