Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dead easy cupcakes...

I can actually say that this cupcake recipe is dead easy because we made nearly 200 mini versions of these cupcakes for my engagement party! I have included a photo of the cupcakes we made right at the end of this post. I made the little sugar hearts - just a matter of rolling out coloured gumpaste and using a little heart-shaped cookie cutter.



This recipe has everything that I like in a recipe - quick prep, few ingredients. Perfect recipe, for a kid's first baking project. I thought that I would share this recipe on here as Elizah has been asking me for it!

Lizah - I've put it on this blog because I know if I text it to you, you will lose it again!

Enjoy!

CELEBRATION CUPCAKES

Ingredients

2 cups of self-raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup milk (as usual, I used low fat as that's what I have handy at home)
125 melted butter, cooled
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence (I think this is optional - I only use it if I have it handy)

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
Combine the flour and caster sugar in a bowl.
Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla essenve (I just chuck them all in at once)
Stir gently to combine.
Spoon into the cupcake tray
Bake for 12-15 minutes.



1 comment: