Saturday, April 16, 2011

Winners and Losers...


Channel 7's latest show, Winners and Losers is pretty addictive. Although I'm not a huge fan of Australian drama (never got into Home and Away, All Saints, McLeod's daughters - I seriously fail to see how some 7 people living in woop woop can be interesting), I thought that I would give this one a go (especially seeing how I missed the Packed to the Rafters band wagon).

The premise was interesting enough. Four old high school friends, reunited after the high school reunion. Humiliated the main antagonist, had the best night of their lives, renewed their vows to be BFFs and bought a lottery ticket. As predicted, they win the Division 1 lottery. One of the girls didn't put in any money toward the ticket and the second episode was around whether or not she should be entitled to a quarter of the $8 million. Of course, as predicted. they gave it to her.

Despite the fact that she was whingy and annoying and I seriously don't understand how she got a role in this show.

Would you have parted with that money? I'm not sure myself.

All in all, very good entertainment for a Tuesday night. After a hard day's work, all I want to do is to plop down on my couch and watch mindless tv. So that's all it is, mindless TV. Good enough, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment