Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday, 16 April 2011

And another draw for the 2011 footy season!! I can't believe it - I don't like either Essendon or Carlton, so it works out well! The game was awesome. Within the first quarter, two Essendon players were taken off the field and it looked like they were in trouble. To be honest, I thought that Essendon would have this one in the bag so I was barracking for the "underdog" Carlton. And they would have won too if Simpson didn't stuff up and kicked the ball out on the full, giving Essendon one last shot at goal. They didn't get to kick the goal, but ended up with a behind, which levelled the scores. All that effort for 2 points.

This is DEFINITELY gearing up to be an awesome year of footy!

Looking forward to the Demons-Suns match tomorrow!

As for today, Luke and I went grocery shopping, which I actually enjoyed! We went to Woolies, Creative Chicken and of course Island Markets. I had a hankering for mussels and where else to get mussels but Island Markets! For $6.99 a kilo - it was definitely a bargain! I think I'm going to cook them with garlic butter, white wine and a bit of cream and freshly baked bread and butter.

I really do think too much about food.

The other bit of news is that Lucky joined the gym today, so we will start going to the gym together tomorrow. No more excuses! I might even be able to post more exercise related posts!

On another note, I'm getting back into Pushing Daisies. I've started series linking it - I forgot how much I liked it! I wonder whether it has been axed yet. The shows I like always seem to have a nasty habit of doing that.

Luke and I also bought some squid and some calamari. Sorry, let me rephrase that. We bought WHOLE squid and WHOLE calamari. Yes, it meant that we actually had to gut and clean it. And while that might sound absolutely disgusting, it was a lot of fun! Of course Luke had to do the preliminary cutting because their eyes gross me out, but after the initial legwork was done, I was quite happy to do the rest. I wonder how I'm going to cook these?

Dammit - I think Hawthorn just beat West Coast. I hate Hawthorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment