Saturday, April 30, 2011

Gossip Girl, Season 4, Episode 19

Just when I thought that the return of Louis (or Louie?) the Prince was a bit of a "so what?" It was far from it. I was intending on watching Gossip Girl while culling my wardrobe and clearing my bedroom, but it kept my interested that I just sat there and did nothing but watch the episode.

So Louis is back from Paris, bearing the shoe that Blair left him when she left Paris to come home to Chuck. She had just rejected Chuck for the upteenth time (this is turning out to be a saga, but quite a good one) and turns out that the kiss with Humprhey meant nothing to her, and she realised that all she wanted was to be friends. Unfortunately, Dan has fallen for her - even he can't believe it.

Enters a new character, Charlie, Serena's long lost cousin, who, for some reason (I don't know, she just wanted to fit into the Upper East Side elite or something) does everything a Nosey Parker can do to spy on Dan and Blair. It screws up Dan and Serena's friendship, Serena and Blair's friendship, Dan and Vanessa's friendship and possibly Dan and Blair's friendship. I hope you're happy Charlie! How many bodies do you want to leave in your wake? RUDE!

I hate when Serena and Blair fight. And looks like this one is going to be war.

Which reminds me - what happened to Ben? He was no where to be seen and I can't remember whether he and Serena broke up (CW network, this is why you need to stop taking these massive long breaks in the middle of a season!!!)

Chuck Bass is desperately trying to figure out if Russel Thorpe is lying to him about his father. And even though I was a little annoyed at Chuck Bass last week, he's still got the Bass appeal! Love him.

Nate is being boring and in a love bubble.


Photo credit

But let's talk about the dresses! There were a plethora of beautiful pink dresses on display as Manhattan's who's who (including some women who were absolute bitches!) attended Lily Bass' Pink Party. I personally love everything that Blair wears anyway, and once again she was perfectly stunning in her Oscar de la Renta gown. However, I thought in this particular episode, Serena and Lily might have outshone her!

Serena's dress was a tight, short little number. And while I don't usually like dresses like that, they definitely suit her as they accentuate her long legs and trim figure! No wonder all the top designers want to dress her. BUT, what I really liked about this dress is the detail on the back. The open back dress with suede applique and a mini bustle was absolutely stunning. Loved it!


Photo credit

As for Lily, my research tells me that the stunning one shouldered chiffon gown she wore was a Charles Chang-Lima number from Bergdorf Goodman. Stunning!


Photo credit

Bring on episode 20!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment