Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wedding music

So I have a certain idea on how I would like the wedding music to be. Luke has suggested that we get his bass guitar teacher, Dave Wane to play at the wedding. I love Dave - he's really talented and more importantly, he's funny and really easy to get along with, and I think that that is a really important trait in someone who is involved in the wedding. So anyone looking for an awesome band - get Dave!!! (I've included his deets above).

Anyway, I have it in my head that I would love to walk down the aisle to an instrumental version of "Hallelujah" by Teddy Geiger. No words, no singing, just pure guitar. And for you guys who don't know the song, here it is:



And while researching "fingerstyle guitar" (apparently that is the style of music I am looking for), I came across Sungha Jung. He is AMAZING. He's this Korean kid who plays the most AMAZING guitar. Here's him playing With or Without You by U2:



And Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours":



And more recently, Bruno Mars' "Just the way you are":



Sungha - you are AWESOME!!!

But back to the wedding music, I have compiled the following playlist ( which is not exhaustive) of songs which I would like to be included:

Waiting for the Bride to arrive music (these songs have been chosen purely because I think they would sound amazing on the guitar)
  • I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
  • Fields of Gold - Sting
  • Now and Forever - Richard Marx
  • Runaway - The Corrs
  • Just the way you are - Bruno Mars (maybe an exit song?)
Entrance music

  • You've got a way with me - Shania Twain
  • Hallelujah - Teddy Geiger
Exit music

TBD

Any other suggestions, please let me know.

Next time I talk about wedding music I will be compiling a playlist for a night of dancing. :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment